Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What's on my desk?


MESSY OR NOT? 
    I figured it would be more interesting to keep things natural, and show the unaltered look of my desk. For some reason, as I sit and do things, I get so absorbed into my work that I don't even notice how the stuff floats around me. When I finally open my eyes and look around, though, I see that the situation went crazy and the desk is more cluttered than ever before.
    However, to be honest, this helps me at times, because I feel like I am bathing in all the things that I like. On the other hand, sometimes I get so stressed out and annoyed, that I have to quickly tidy up.


    My desk is very small, in fact, so it's not a surprise that I'm having trouble fitting all my stuff in such a small area. 

SNEAK PEEK
























  
 These are the books which I'm currently reading/wanting to read.  

   First, The Agony and the Ecstasy, by Irving Stone, which centres on the life of Michelangelo Buonarroti.
Even though this wouldn't normally be my top choice, I am presently having a yearning for classics, so this was 
just perfect.
   The next one is supposed to be a crime/thriller/mystery one, because Rodica Ojog-Brasoveanu goes by the 
nickname of  "Romanian Agatha Christie". I can't confirm this, though, as I haven't read anything written by her 
so far.
   And the last one, The Kite Runner I bought at the last week's mini book fest (it was in fact a shelf with a few
titles) which came to town, so it was a good opportunity to buy an English one, as I can't normally find any 
books in a foreign language (really frustrating).




    If you can't tell, I adore cats! In brief, that was the main reason behind me buying this really cute agenda. Plus, I took it as a souvenir of my last summer's trip to the Amalfi coast. It's from Paperblanks Fantastic Felines collection, and even though the price was not that encouraging, I decided to get a quality agenda which would last for as long as possible...


    This is the top corner of my desk and it's mainly made of a few postcards (both received and self-bought), and a pretty calendar. I really enjoy this part of the desk because it's decorative without occupying the work space. 


I have never expected to like neons so much! Despite being a hater of neon as a general concept, I was surprised to fall in love with these pencils... I feel like whatever I'm doing, these really brighten up my work. Not to mention the spring spirit! 



Another agenda, of course. Tiny and stylish, I have to admit that it's not that handy for me. Its size makes it very hard for me to write anything in it, but still, I desperately want to use it!




Hahah, Pink Floyd! I actually stole this CD from common use and kept it for myself... I find it really calming, and this helps me learn and focus (when it's not utterly psychedelic, stupid contradiction), because it's mostly made of instrumentals .

These are some French bonbons that I enjoy having around. The sweetness is so energy boosting, and it satisfies my sweet tooth.



Last but not least, I received this at my bday, so it's basically a winter decoration, but can't find anything to replace it, and the desk would be incomplete without it. 







































I figured it would be fun to tidy up a bit and show how my work place looks at its cleanest. The desk is covered by glass, which keeps untouched a few drawings/pictures (in case you were wondering what's with the scattered pieces). 




Should you have a similar post, be sure to comment in the section below! I would be so happy to see your desk!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I don't have my desk right now, so I only WISH I at least had a messy one. ;) But we're moving, so my desk is in pieces right now at the new house. I hope to get it set up and made into my own personalized, special corner as soon as we move in. :)

    Sarah
    http://coffeeringsandsouthernthings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you kept your desk natural...I can definitely relate to your desk situation. Sometimes seeing all those things around me inspire me and others....well.... ;)
    emmasbeginning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Similar posts